Monday, September 17, 2012

A Tribute To John Ingle, A Class Act

Dear friends,

Every so often, we are blessed with a gift.  Some we get to keep.  Others are only loaned to us for a specific amount of time.  Such has been the case recently with John Ingle. Mr. Ingle was one of those people you didn't expect to be an actor. I personally never remember him from anything before GH even though his credits go back to 1985. He taught Drama at Beverly Hills High until 1985 when he decided to launch his own acting career.  So when he replaced David Lewis, who I loved, as Edward Quartermaine on GH, I was a bit skeptical.  But he quickly won me over.

As much as I loved David Lewis, may he rest in peace, I became a huge fan of John Ingle.  I let him into my heart, and he and Edward were like a second grandfather to me.  John Ingle's Edward was different.  He did things I'd never expect Edward to do. I recall with great fondness the time Edward had a dream he was a rock star and was wearing a leather jacket.  Then when he did  a song from "Annie" with Emily during the Nurses' Ball.  But the most endearing, sweetest scene had to be when Edward sang "I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face" to Lila during their 60th wedding anniversary.  Oh, how I cried!

When he left GH to go to DAYS to play Mickey Horton briefly (A year?) I was devastated.  Although he gave it his all, as always, it just wasn't the same.  Finally, when he returned to GH, I posted a message online that said "Welcome home, John Ingle!"  

John Ingle was more than an actor.  He was a loving, caring human being.  He really loved and cared about his fans, co-workers, and other human beings in general.  That is what made me loyal to him.  I remember writing to him with a question about something that concerned me about daytime television.    He wrote back and genuinely cared about my concern enough to tell me who to write to and then actually told me to let him know what I found out. 

Mr. Ingle had health problems in recent years, and had been on GH off and on for quite a while.  His last appearance was September 11, 2012.  He never spoke a word, but just his presence spoke louder than words ever could. On September 16, 2012, he left this world to join his beloved wife, Grace-Lynn, who died Feb. 11, 2012. He left behind 5 children, several grandchildren, and many fans who love him dearly.

R.I.P. Mr. Ingle.  Thank you for your years of love and devotion. You are loved and missed by all of your fans. You gave us love, and we felt it.  You were and will always be considered a class act.  


No comments:

Post a Comment